Pages

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Implementing SnakesGame using OpenCV


A long time back I used to have a nokia phone which came with this awesome and simple game. I still love nokia phones for this, and have a couple of phones just to play it (no kidding, haha). A while back I decided that I will write my own snakes game implementation, so I did. What is interesting about this post is that I did not use any graphics engine or OpenGL rendering at all. Instead this whole game was implemented using OpenCV function calls, enabling me to make my own rendering funcitons and display buffers.



This was a new experience for me and as it might sound, was fun to make something this simple from scratch. This also looked like a fun project for someone who is a beginning to learn OpenCV and need something simple to work on just to get familiar with the libraries. So here I will be explaining my code with different aspects of OpenCV and graphics in main focus.

post developing...