Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Just a tip of the Iceberg..

I have been working for a while on my dissertation. The main aim of this project is to build a gesture recognition system which is both reliable and robust; to the extent that it can replace the already existing human computer interaction (HCI) techniques. Despite the idea being clear, I have been asked a lot of questions about the project.

Right now I am still in the final stages to finish the approach I have planned to use. However to answer some of these questions, I have uploaded a video which shows an implementation of similar gesture recognition technique I did in the start of this project.

Here is a short demo video:



This was not very reliable or robust technique. However I learned a lot of vital information while implementing this. The idea behind this is still at the base of a very complex dynamic hand gesture recognition system I am currently working on.

Will be uploading more information soon..